E-Commerce is something people should know a bit more about nowadays. How do you plan to grow your company’s revenue? Maybe this is one of the questions going around your head; you improve your salesforce, consider new markets, and try product innovation.
The use of this strategy is growing more and more lately. Statistics have proved that the use of E-Commerce help increase sales all around the US. One of the most important proves is that now, Cyber Monday is getting more important and awaited than Black Friday. Now, how can small businesses start using this tool? You will find 10 strategies that will help you grow.
The 10 e-commerce strategies you to try
- Micro-target an audience online: E-commerce is simply about establishing a “land” which means defining and creating a place to get to the audience that is sharing a common interest or characteristic. Whichever your product or service is, you need to define the niche markets of your company that you can penetrate online with specialized offerings. Domains
- Personalize your site: Web users are demanding unique experiences that couldfit to their needs and interests. The technology is available to capture personalized shopping interests and preferences of the costumers and create a product selection and buying experience led by individualized promotions thoughfor them.
- Create content to build gumminess: You will need to develop content in order to make a site “sticky” for all thepotential buyers. Amazon, for example attracted several consumers by encouraging them to give their opinions of items like books and CDs. You also need a strategy to help the potential buyers to find your product or services through Google faster. You should use keywords and tags to raise your ranking in search results.
- Fix the browsing experience to target segments: A site designed appropriately to the brand and with a well-structured navigation, will have the key ingredients for attracting an audience and making them to come back. Provide an attractive browsing experience across online platforms.
- Integrate across channels: Create multi-channel offerings that will enable your consumers to experience your brand deeply, whatever the shopping method is of their choice. But you need to be sure that the products you are selling via different channels are well differentiated to account for differences in price.
- Invest in mobile: The mobile commerce is growing at a great rate percentage annually. If you lack of a good mobile commerce platform, you will see a dramatic drop off in revenue over the next several years. For staying competitive, you need to offer services which can be accessed by mobiles such as a tracking service, notifications in real time, direct calls, maps, and product information.
- Take advantage of logistics: You may need to take advantage of the capabilities of third-party logistics providers (3PLs) for managing a high volume of difficult orders. Also, reverse logistics, which is the ability to handle returns and exchanges in a quick and economic way, is becoming a key differentiator. Delivery on the same day and innovative networks can be competing advantages.
- Consider commerce through subscription: Subscription commerce takes several forms. In the renewal model, a commodity item is sent every month to the customer. A discovery model is even more promising. It offers a subscription to an experience that delivers new, difficult-to-find, or personalized items periodically to the customer’s porch.
- Bypass the middlemen: The Internet is allowing small companies to get to lots of consumers faster. Manufacturers, including factories in far places of the world, increasingly want to work with small brands. Because they have discovered that it is more probable for a small brand to introduce new products to the market because they are less constrained by shelf limitations of space and difficult or complicated supply chains.
- Present a seamless experience across channels: Your sales will grow if you make sure the product disponibility, strategies for promotions, and brand experience feel the same across all channels, whether online, in your store, or through a mobile app. Implement supply chain technology based on clouds to get more visibility into your performance across all channels.